This notice discloses the privacy practices for BioFire Diagnostics, LLC (“we”) as applied to its web site – https://www.biofiredx.com/. As a user of our website, the following apply to you:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
- Media – If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- Cookies – If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed. If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
In connection with one or more of the purposes outlined above, we may disclose details to bioMérieux group and/or to third parties that provide services to us and/or bioMérieux group. We will hold your personal data on our systems for the longest of the following periods: (i) as long as is necessary for the relevant activity or services; (ii) any retention period that is required by law; (iii) the end of the period in which litigation or investigations might arise in respect of the services unless prior requesting deletion sent to PrivacyOfficer@biomerieux.com.
Please note that, at any time, you can exercise your right to access, to rectify and to erase your personal data. You may also request limitation, portability or to opt out consent from processing, and not to be subject to an automated data processing, by contact our data protection officer at PrivacyOfficer@biomerieux.com.
If you are unhappy with the way we have handled your personal data or any privacy query or request that you have raised with us, you have a right to complain to the EU Data Protection Authority (“DPA”) in your jurisdiction. If you would like to be directed to the appropriate DPA, or if you would like contact us with any questions or concerns about privacy issues or Personal Data management, please contact: PrivacyOfficer@biomerieux.com.
Here is bioMérieux’s Privacy Statement in accordance with processing your personal data.
Our website includes third-party applications that track visitors. The following applications do not respond to Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) requests. Clicking on the links will bring up their privacy policies. YouTube.com. Those applications that do respond to DNT do not drop cookies into visitors’ browsers.
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.